陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! 陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556

一个良知的来美华人给我的信 An Email from a New Immigrant from China

in 陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:38 am
by fountainheadkc • 1.397 Posts

陈凯 按: 这是一个有良知的新移民给我的来信。 他提出了一个重要的、让人不安与深思的问题。 我希望对自由、对美国关心的人们都来进入、参与这个极关重要的思考与讨论。

Kai Chen's Words: This is an email from a conscientious new immigrant from China. He raised a very important question and issue. I hope all of us who love freedom and America think deeply over this issue and combat our own paralysis and fear. We have a moral duty to safeguard America and what she represents.

一个良知的来美华人给我的信
An Email from a New Immigrant from China

陈凯先生:

您好!

我姓X,才移民到美国没有多久。我现在经常参加一些ESL课程学习英语。参加ESL的中国人不少,大部分是主妇和留学生。在这些课程上,老师经常会让大家用所学的单词造句。而我会刻意的在句子中提到大陆的现状。我始终有种责任感,想让外国人了解大陆的真相。但是我发觉,我一提到这些。气氛就产生了变化,尤其是大陆人的态度。昨天终于爆发了,原因是我读的那个句子刚好是谈到五月花号,移民们签署协议。然后我就开始指责她,是为了物质生活来到美国,同情极权政府,像她那样的华人是对美国的威胁。她就说我把意志强加于她,侮辱整个华人群体。老师是荷兰移民的老奶奶,她温和的反对我的意见。但另外一个法国女人和一个南亚裔的年轻学生,他们的意见就很大,好像都是我的责任,不该在这个课上谈论政治。

我的担心是,美国早期的移民,可以说是其他国家不要的难民。无论是最早的新教徒,还是后来的各色人等。这个趋势直到二战结束。但是慢慢的,随着美国经济的发展,和随着其他专制势力的崛起。现在成了好像专制国家的支持者,才能有更多机会来到美国。像是本拉登等沙特留学生,袁木等官员的子女,或者是美国人娶的女人,还有留学生或者访问学者。而真正受到压迫,但又还谈不上难民的人。因为没钱,或者是签证的限制,不一定是因为没能力,反而很难有机会到美国。那些来到美国的中国人,很多根本对自己文明没有任何反思,有的甚至是第五纵队。我觉得美国人没有意识到这个问题的严重性。而像是那个法国和南亚的移民,根本对美国的价值谈不上忠诚。好像老是觉得自己要理客中。就像当年的亲共学生。

我觉得我的行为可以说是很鲁莽,我不想粉饰。但是我感到这些外国人根本没有意识到这个问题的严重性。我应该还有对这些国人的愤恨,你自己跑到这边来寻求物质生活,别人留在大陆受苦,你自己离开也就罢了,还为极权政府托责,这算什么?陈先生,我想问问美国社会应该如何谈论政治?难道现在美国的政治正确已经到了回避现实的程度?如何既能够保护自己,也能说说出真相呢?对待那些大陆的支持者又该怎么做呢?

我曾在一家餐馆打工,大厨和服务生都是伊拉克的基督徒难民,那个大厨和我谈起,就说美国是个Justice的国家,服务生也提到她无法和家人住在一起,因为他们像鸵鸟一样,而自己是个会发声的人,我想可能针对伊拉克战争或者萨达姆。我就问她,难道你的家人没有因为来到美国变得更好吗?她的回答是,他们的鸵鸟症变得更厉害。看来不止是大陆人有这个问题。

祝好!

------------------------------------------------------
陈凯 复

X先生:

Dear Mr. X:

You have raised an interesting and thought-provoking question: Can America survive the assault from the despotic/totalitarian cultures? How should a conscientious person react to such an assault?

I have addressed such issues in principle in numerous articles such as "来西方反西方 用自由灭自由" http://www.chinesepen.org/Article/sxsy/2...714120449.shtml, "摈弃“族群文化”,建立“价值文化” http://kaichenblog.blogspot.com/2010/01/...ve-mindset.html

Yet to combat such a crowd from despotic cultures, one must prepare oneself with courage, tenacity and ability to address the issues in a succinct and effective way. As I often said: If you see only moral confusion around you, be the one with moral clarity. If you see only cowardice around you, be the one with courage. If you see only darkness around you, be the one with bright light to shine onto the path toward freedom for everyone.

"The mountain is high and the road is long, but we climb and walk a step each and every day." We don't have all the solutions, but we have a moral compass to distinguish right from wrong, truth from falsehood, justice from evil.... We live our lives by such principles. I am very glad you are doing your share to combat evil in your own way. You will preserver to fulfill your moral duty to this great country - America, to yourself and to God, as I demand myself to do every day and every moment. There is no guarantee that we will win and succeed. But as long as we have done all we can to live a just and righteous life, we will have no regret. That is enough to me and I will be at peace with myself when I die.

Though I don't know you personally, I feel you are already my companion on our journey toward freedom. I hope we keep in touch and I like very much to hear what you think about what is happening around you. Justice will ultimately triumph over evil. This is because we have faith and we have mind/reason: "Justice has only one enemy - evil. But evil has two enemies - justice and evil itself.

Be brave. Be persistent. Be with your conscience. Be with God. I am very proud of you when you combat evil each and every day. Best wishes to you and people like you. You are a true American. Kai Chen

Last edited Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:02 pm | Scroll up

陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.kaichenblog.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556
Visitors
0 Members and 5 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: ancientgroundhog
Board Statistics
The forum has 906 topics and 2638 posts.