陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! 陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556

为什么没有中国专制受害者纪念碑? Memorial for Victims of China's Dynasties

in 陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:39 am
by fountainheadkc • 1.397 Posts

为什么没有中国历代专制受害者纪念碑?
Memorial for Victims of China's Dynasties

每日一语:

在中国到处充满了中国历代专制暴政的遗迹与纪念物。 长城,故宫,秦墓,庙宇,碑文、、, 每一件纪念物都是为维护专制政府政治的文化所建。 有哪一件纪念物是代表对自由与幸福的追求与憧憬?? 无怪乎今天的所谓中国民主人士们大都反共而不反中国王朝的专制。 他们奢想着回到唐、汉专制王朝的迷梦光荣, 却从不认同以美国代表的自由价值。 一个新的中国应首先建立一个“自由女神像”与一个“中国历代专制暴政受害者纪念碑”以确立进步的、尊严的“人”的价值。 --- 陈凯

In China everywhere is full of symbols and statues that commemorate a cultural value of despotism and tyranny. The Great Wall, the Forbidden City, Qin Tomb, temples and monuments..., every one of them is aimed at perpetuating a political culture that is despotic and tyrannical. Nothing in China that is established to represent human beings' yearning for freedom and pursuit of happiness. It is no wonder that today most so-called Chinese democratic fighters only fight against the communists to recover the old glory of despotism. They have never identified themselves with the values America stands for: Truth, Justice, Freedom, Dignity. A new China should be a China that first builds its own "Statue of Liberty", its own "Memorial for the Victims of Chinese Despotic Dynasties". A new China should be a China that is of the human beings, by the human beings, for the human beings, should not be again a country that is of the government, by the government and for the government. --- Kai Chen

Dear Visitors:

I was very moved to have seen the photos of opening of "Victims of Communism" memorial in Washington DC. Only America has such moral clarity to establish such a monument.

As I contemplate the meaning of such a statue, I cannot help but to wonder why China has every imaginable symbol for despotism and dynastic glory, but absolutely no symbol for human values -- Truth, Justice, Freedom and Dignity. Most so-called democratic fighters who fight against the communists would refuse to fight against Chinese dynastic despotism. It is as though people in China constantly argue about how to jump off a cliff and fly, without seeing the countless corpses under the cliff. They have never argued against jumping off the cliff. They only argue with each other as HOW to jump off the cliff. To want to fly, they don't want to observe the law of gravity to build a flying machine. Rather, they want to defy the law of gravity and do it the Chinese way -- jumping off the cliff. Suicidal impulses overwhelm the Chinese culture. Closing eyes to deny the truth that millions upon millions died trying to fly jumping off the cliff, the Chinese continue their suicidal tradition of observing their ancestors' teachings to jump off the cliff, in a record number.

Today, most Chinese still refuse to follow the American examples -- observing the law of gravity in the realm of human morality, treasuring the value of freedom and pursuing human dignity and happiness. They want to find values in the Chinese teachings and symbols, in Confucianism, in dynasties, in ancient Chinese saints.... Somehow the Chinese have to admit there is a law in the physical world to govern material movement. But they refuse to admit and to recognize, as the West has long admitted and recognized, that there is also a law to govern human moral behavior -- the law of truth, justice, liberty and human dignity, mostly manifested in the Christ teachings and American values.

Unless and until the Chinese admit and recognize such a law that governs human moral behavior, China will continue its own destructive path toward death and nothingness, toward another dynastic cycle.

Best. Kai Chen 陈凯

Last edited Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:39 am | Scroll up

陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.kaichenblog.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556
Visitors
0 Members and 11 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: ancientgroundhog
Board Statistics
The forum has 907 topics and 2636 posts.