陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! 陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556

不自由,毋宁死!Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death!

in 陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:25 pm
by fountainheadkc • 1.397 Posts

陈凯博客: www.kaichenblog.blogspot.com

不自由,毋宁死!
Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death!

价值一语: Words of Value:

"Is life so dear, or peace to sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? -- Forbid it, Almighty God! -- I know not what course others may take, but, as for me, give me liberty or give my death. " -- Patrick Henry

生命就是这么宝贵,和平就是这么甜蜜,以至于我非要用被奴役的锁链来换取? -- 万能的上苍啊! 我绝不会这样做! -- 我不知道他人会如何对此,但我会说: 不自由,毋宁死! --- Patrick Henry

By Kai Chen 陈凯 (Reprint 10/1/2011)

"Give me liberty, or give me death!" 不自由,毋宁死!

What a beautiful and passionate claim from one of the American founding fathers! Every time I read about the words from those who taught us the true values in life, I cannot help but to feel the presence of greatness, the presence of everlasting providence.

I have once visited colonial Williamsburg in Virginia, where, for tourist reasons, actors dress in traditional colonial outfit to welcome you and I indeed talked to "Patric Henry". The firey words he uttered always instill a sense of preciousness of "life, liberty and pursuit of happiness" in me. I have been to many places in the world, but America is where I identify myself with. The eternal values of mankind have been manifested by the early words of Amrican founders that attract millions like me around the world to the bossom of this great nation.

From now on I will post a quote every day called "价值一语”(Words of Value). Sometimes it is from other sources, sometimes it is just from me. I hope you guys all enjoy it.

Scroll up

陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.kaichenblog.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556
Visitors
0 Members and 6 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: ancientgroundhog
Board Statistics
The forum has 906 topics and 2640 posts.