陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! 陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556

安.兰德的激情 Passion of Ayn Rand

in 陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:36 am
by fountainheadkc • 1.397 Posts

陈凯博客: www.kaichenblog.blogspot.com

安.兰德的激情
Passion of Ayn Rand

价值一语: Words of Value:

A free man first creates wheels; the man-eater first creates Dialectics. --- Ayn Rand

一个自由人会先想到发明轮子; 一个食人者会先想到发明辩证法。 --- 安. 兰德

Ayn Rand is one of the pioneers who first established the moral foundation of Capitalism and the concept of Objectivity in morals and ethics. Her passion for truth and justice is one that is unparalleled among modern philosophical thinkers. I am honored to be the first one to translate her works into Chinese. --- Kai Chen

安. 兰德女士是一个资本主义道德理念的奠基人。 她也详尽地阐述了道德理念中的客观概念(道德的绝对性)。 她对真理与正义的执著与激情的追求使她成为了一个杰出的现代哲学思想家。 我很荣幸能成为首先将她的著作翻译成中文的人。 --- 陈凯

By Kai Chen 陈凯 (Reprint 10/1/2011)

As Ayn Rand's "Anthem" is being published here on Youpai.org, and as the first one honored to have translated her works into Chinese, I just want to say a few words to introduce Ayn Rand, the philosopher, the thinker, the passionate freedom fighter to you, so you can have some background and understanding about where she came from and why I had translated her works into Chinese.

Ayn Rand was a Russian Jewish woman who was persecuted in her native land during the Stalin era. She later immigrated to Germany and eventually came to America. Having witnessed first hand what tyranny could do to humanity and human psyche, she was determined to use her writing to expose the evil of totalitarianism and despotism. Among her passionate literary works, mostly romantic philosophical novels, she poignantly and ruthlessly tore down the facade of communism and all totalitarian regimes with her imaginative and artistic style. Her early works include "We the Living" which depicts a freedom-loving Russian woman who lived under Stalinist regime and her struggle to free herself. That novel is the closest one to her autobiography.

She later wrote the famous novel "Fountainhead" which is a major philosophical and literary accomplishment. Among her early writings, she also wrote vaious books on morals and ethics such as "The Virtue of Sesfishness" to espouse the intrinsic morality in Capitalism. Finally she finished her most encompassing novel "Atlas Shrugged" which even today is still one of the best sellers. It also is ranked as the second most influential literary book in American life, right after Bible, of all time.

"We the Living" and "Fountainhead" have been made movies and you can acquire them via video archive or in the video stores. Due to the ideological bias of the 1940's Hollywood, "We the Living" could only be made a movie overseas for its anti-communist theme.

Though Ayn Rand claimed herself as an atheist, her passion and belief in human liberty and progress can only define herself as among the most faithful, in my view. I hope you enjoy my translation of her works. And I thank Youpai.org for their effort and tireless work to publish Ayn Rand's writings.

I thank you for visiting my forum and reading Ayn Rand's short novel "Anthem" 国歌 in Chinese.

PS. I translated "Anthem" into "国歌" because the Chinese always see their dynasties, their emperors, their Chairman, their nation, their party-state or their collective as God. The English word "Anthem" itself has meaning of "圣歌? or "赞美歌?. But I prefer "国歌?,for exactly the above reason.

Scroll up

陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.kaichenblog.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556
Visitors
0 Members and 4 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: ancientgroundhog
Board Statistics
The forum has 906 topics and 2638 posts.