陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! 陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556

基督精神与自由意志 Christianity and Human Free Will

in 陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:55 pm
by fountainheadkc • 1.397 Posts

陈凯博客www.kaichenblog.blogspot.com

陈凯回答读者的问题/基督精神与自由意志
To Readers: Christianity and Human Free Will -Faith and Reason

读者来函:

陈凯:

看过你对很多对公与私的讨论,看来您很推崇安兰德的思想。最近我有一个课题,希望听听你的高见,能否找个找个机会(SKYPE)我们聊聊她好么?很想听听你怎么看待她的思想。

祝好

LK
--------------------------------------------------
Kai Chen's Reply 陈凯复函:

Dear LK:

I don't have Skype, for it is not a secure way of communicating. I would love to answer your questions in English, even your questions are in Chinese. I hope you can read English with no problem, and I think you can.

I wrote an article long ago on the pillars of American values. Two of these pillars are represented by Ayn Rand (the supreme worth of the individual) and Christianity (moral absolutes and origin of our rights). While others see the conflict between the two, I don't. American experience has proven that not only do they not conflict with each other, they are indispensably complimentary of/to each other. Without Free Will, any religion is only a cult. Only Christianity, among world religions, recognizes Human Free Will. This is why countries in the world with the guidance of Christianity progresses toward the future, while others stagnate walking around a vicious circle. I have many articles on the evil of denying individual free will. You can always go on my forum (www.kaichenforum.com) to find related articles. I will be very happy to answer your specific questions.

American Declaration of Independence is a perfect example of a perfect combination of reason/rationality and faith/Christianity:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident (reason/rationality, analytical truths by human mind), that all men are created (faith based on Christianity with origin of rights/life) equal, that they are endowed by their Creator (faith based on Christianity with origin of rights/life) with certain inalienable (reason/rationality, analytical truths by human mind) Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness (combination of faith, human free will and reason/rationality/mind).

When Thomas Jefferson drafted the Declaration of Independence, he first wrote in: "We hold these truths to be sacred and undeniable (religious connotation)." Later Benjamin Franklin modified this sentence to reflect reason/rationality/ and analytical truths by human mind: "We hold these truths to be self-evident". Thus American Declaration of Independence firmly shaped and established American character and guided human race toward an entirely new direction - staying away from European secularism and Islamic fanaticism that foster collective tyranny and religious dark ages.

To be an American means to embrace human mind as well as human spirit/soul. Without human free will manifested by reason/rationality/mind endowed into/onto us by our creator, we will be forever crippled without tools to distinguish truth from falsehood. And without truth, we shall be forever enslaved by other humans who pretend to be Gods/Saviors.

Lately I noticed on the Youpai.org, some people openly deny Individual Free Will, using religion as a weapon, a shield and a pretense. It makes me sick to my stomach. The fact that Ayn Rand claims to be an atheist does not negate the truth in her ideas and thoughts, just like those who claim to be religious do not always tell the truth. I hope I make myself quite clear on my points. The corruption of ideas, with a penchant of opposing Human Free Will under some religious pretense, happened on Youpai.org, does not surprise me. I have noticed this corruption long ago. This is why I insist on stressing my points every time I have on the Youpai Forum. Freedom against tyranny/despotic values happens everywhere, Youpai.org is not an exception.

Thanks for your interest on this important issue. I am looking forward to hearing from you with your questions. Best and keep up the gook work. Kai Chen

Scroll up

陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.kaichenblog.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556
Visitors
0 Members and 5 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: ancientgroundhog
Board Statistics
The forum has 906 topics and 2638 posts.