陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! 陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556

左翼媒体躲陈凯 The Daily Show Snubs Anti-Commie Kai Chen

in 陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:28 am
by fountainheadkc • 1.397 Posts

OC Media

The Daily Show Snubs Anti-Commie Chinese Activist Kai Chen

左翼媒体躲陈凯

By Matt Coker, Monday, May. 3 2010 @ 7:40AM

See no Kai Chen.

​This post mentioned how cameras from The Daily Show with Jon Stewart were going to be at Thursday night's Hacienda La Puente Unified School District Board of Education meeting, where activists planned to protest a "Confucius Classroom" coming to a middle school.

Kai Chen, the Chinese-American activist who claims Confucius Classrooms are a front for a Communist Chinese government bent on warping young American minds--believed he would be interviewed for The Daily Show piece.

But in an email to the Weekly, Chen--who first came to our attention last September when he organized demonstrations over the Richard Nixon Presidential Library and Museum's Mao Tse-Tung statue--says he was snubbed by Comedy Central's fake newscast.

"After I made my speech, wearing my Olympic Freedom T-shirt, The Daily Show crew avoided me," Chen writes. "Another TV crew from a Japanese TV station interviewed me."

He suspects Stewart's band of merry mischief-makers "could not find anything in me they can make fun of," so they turned to others to interview, including the district's former superintendent.

"They recorded my speech," Chen writes, "but I doubt they will air it."

Chin up, Chen, there's always Colbert.

Scroll up

RE: 左翼媒体躲陈凯 The Daily Show Snubs Anti-Commie Kai Chen

in 陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:31 am
by fountainheadkc • 1.397 Posts

Jon Stewart's Daily Show

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/tv...wart-confucius/

Confucius Says, "Be Wary of 'Daily Show'"
左翼电视将采访陈凯及抗议者

By Matt Coker, Tuesday, Apr. 27 2010

​The campaign against a public school's "Confucius Classroom" by the Chinese-American activist who last September organized demonstrations over the Richard Nixon Presidential Library and Museum's Mao Tse-Tung statue is about to get national media exposure--from The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.

In an email exchange with supporters, Kai Chen mentions that he and other foes of the Confucius Classroom at Cedarlane Middle School in Hacienda Heights will be interviewed by a crew from Comedy Central's satirical news program during Thursday night's Hacienda La Puente Unified School District Board of Education meeting.

The board in January approved launching a Confucius Classroom next fall at Cedarlane, with the Chinese government's Chinese Language Council International, also known as HanBan, picking up the tab.

HanBan has established 272 Confucius Classrooms worldwide since 2005. The collegiate version, Confucius Institutes, have been implemented in 282 universities over that same period.

But critics like Chen--an author and former Red Army and Chinese national basketball team member who vehemently opposes what he views as an oppressive Chinese regime--charge the Ministry of Education-affiliated HanBan is really a front for the communist government.

Someone named Terri agrees with Chen, indicating hope in the recent email exchange that The Daily Show will put the opponents "in a good light" and advises, "Let's pack the house."

"I am surprised that Jon Stewart will interview us before any conservative talk show hosts or media," Chen writes back. "I think he will be a kind of hostile interviewer. But I may be wrong."

Actually, this being a remote story, it's unlikely The Daily Show host will be the one doing the interviewing. But longtime viewers know Chen should be suspicious of the motives of whichever reporter shows up, given the show's track record of delicious skewering.

The fun begins at 7 p.m.

Scroll up

陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.kaichenblog.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556
Visitors
0 Members and 11 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: ancientgroundhog
Board Statistics
The forum has 906 topics and 2638 posts.