陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! 陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556

美国就是我,中国应是我 Individuals Define Nations

in 陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:21 am
by fountainheadkc • 1.397 Posts

美国就是我,中国应是我
Individuals Define Nations

每日一语:

人为的,虚无的与皇权的法则是: 环境,国度与命运给个人下定义。 自然的,存在的与上苍的法则是正相反: 个人给自身的环境,国度与命运下定义。 --- 陈凯

The artificial, nihilistic and despotic law of existence is: Environment, birth country and fate give meaning to an individual's life. The natural, essential and God-given law of existence is the opposite: Individuals give meaning to his own environment, his own nation and his own life's destiny. --- Kai Chen

Dear Visitors:

Too often I have heard people talk about their being Chinese because they have no choice. This view itself enslaves most Chinese so that they always feel chained and shackled, meaningless and helpless. They always feel less human with less freedom than their fellow Americans.

I have often stated that my identity is such that I am Chinese by birth, but American by choice. China is my ancestral land but America is MY Country. I fail to understand the despair that most Chinese feel about their own identity. Why can't you choose to be a free being now and act as such free being. Pessimism, negativity and despair have no place in a free being's existence. A free man is one who is filled with optimism, positive energy and great hope for the future.

As long as anyone who is willing to pay the price to be a free being, he can be right this second. The price is simple -- be willing to bear responsibility of a free being. If you decide to be free right now, stop complaining about your own fate, your own environment, your own government, your own culture, your own fellow countrymen, your own family, etc, and start focusing on what you as an individual want, what you as an individual choose, what you as an individual value, what you as an individual believe, what you as an individual can do...

Without believing in yourself, without believing in that special meaning you have to strive to fulfill for your own life, without believing what you decide and do will immensely effect your own fate, your own environment, your own country, even God cannot help you, no matter how much you wish and pray.

God only saves those who save themselves. It is just that simple. So go out there and be yourself, be brave, be rational and be faithful. Your life has a great meaning waiting for you to discover and fulfill. So go out there and be an American.

Best. Kai Chen 陈凯

Scroll up

陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.kaichenblog.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556
Visitors
0 Members and 6 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: ancientgroundhog
Board Statistics
The forum has 907 topics and 2636 posts.