陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! 陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556

六四一语 Thoughts on Anniversary of Tiananmen Massacre

in 陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:41 am
by fountainheadkc • 1.397 Posts

六四一语
Some Thoughts on This Anniversary of Tiananmen Massacre

每日一语:

自由不会自天而降到人间;人们一定要站起来赢得自由;人们在享受自由之前一定要付出代价。 -- Caleb C. Colton

"Liberty will not descend to a people; a people must raise themselves to liberty; it is a blessing that must be earned before it can be enjoyed." -- Caleb C. Colton

自由就是我们对自身负责的意志。 -- Friedrich W. Nietzsche

"Freedom is the will to be responsible to ourselves." -- Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Dear Visitors:

On this 17th anniversary of Tiananmen Massacre, I want to offer some thoughts

As the quote above states Freedom has a price. What is the price for the Chinese before they can truly earn Freedom and enjoy this God-given blessing?

As I read through the internet on what people think these days, I realize many offer only descriptions, prescriptions, prognosis and predictions... Deep soul-searching articles withmon sense analysis and ruthless logical diagnosis are still lacking.

I would like to see more peopleing out using their rationality, logic, courage and willingness to do some soul-searching, deep analysis into the spreading roots of Chinese despotism, and the cultural soil in which it thrives. Many are unwilling to dwell into their own soul and mind to see that maybe the roots and the poison are truly in and among ourselves, even when we write and speak against these roots and poisons. To truly rid off the Chinese dynastic cycle, each and everyone of us should only start from one spot -- ourselves, start with "I" and "Me".

To examine how our mindset hase into being is crucial to find solutions to problems. In English, the word "I" 我 is always capitalized in writing. I appreciate this point very much, for every time we write, we cannot forget it is "I" who is doing the writing. Every sentence in English istarts with a Capital letter, just to remind the writer that he has just finished a segament of thought and he is to be responsible for it. Not only the language, but also the "Grammar" itself reflects the spirit of freedom and responsibility. Punctuations and paragraphs have also been originated in the West, in an alphabetic language. Ancient Chinese writings never had punctuations and paragraphs.

Everything we do, every word we write and speak, we are the ones ultimately responsible for it. I think this is the prerequisit foundation for a free being.

Best. Kai Chen 陈凯[size=24][/size]

Scroll up

陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.kaichenblog.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556
Visitors
0 Members and 6 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: ancientgroundhog
Board Statistics
The forum has 906 topics and 2638 posts.