陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! 陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556

我为什么用英文? Why Do I Use English on My Forum?

in 陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:22 am
by fountainheadkc • 1.397 Posts

我为什么用英文?
Why Do I Use English on My Forum?

每日一语:

Liberty will not descend to a people: a people must raise themselves to liberty; it is a blessing that must be earned before it can be enjoyed. --- Caleb C. Colton

自由决不会自天而降到人们头上来;人们一定要自强崛起去赢得自由; 自由是上苍所赐但人们一定要去赢得它才能享受它的赐福。 --- Caleb C. Colton

Dear Visitors:

Liberty and freedom must be earned before it can be enjoyed, as the quote above stated. I firmly believe in this spirit.

Many have asked me why I write most of my essays in English (only a small portion of my writing is in Chinese). The reason is a simple one, as the quote above indicates: I want the Chinese to make an effort to earn their freedom by studying and using English to describe and comprehend reality, in order to find truth.

As Christ passionately pointed out: "Only truth shall set you free." Without accurately perceiving objective reality, one can never begin to look for truth. Without truth, no one can truly be free.

Chinese language, with its innate defects, can only partially and superficially describe and comprehend reality, and with Chinese cultural tradition which has never believed in truth-seeking and truth-finding, a Chinese-speaking person is inevitably ill equipped to perceive and comprehend reality. Thus, he or she is intrinsically incapable of seeking and finding truth. Chinese character-based, syllabic language is not a tool for understanding reality in order to reach truth, but instead, it is a contraption aimed at destroying reality and thus destroying people's yearning for truth and their ability to ever find truth.

I cannot just talk the talk, I must walk the walk. Therefore, I must use English as my tool to help people understand, comprehend reality, on their way to discover truth and their true "self".

If you, with your conscience as your guide, take a look around the world, you will have to admit that only those countries with Christian values and a population equipped with alphabetic language, mainly English, are countries with better human conditions, more freedom, more advancement in human development in all fields, from sciences to law to education to creating wealth.... This is not a coincidence.

English tradition has a strong inclination for reason and rationality, freedom of speech and conscience in faith and human morality. I would not mind if the Great Britain had taken over all of China instead of just Hong Kong back 100 years before. Look at all the countries with British colonial history in Asia, they are all better off than those countries under their own indigenous governments, with their own indigenous languages and cultural traditions. Look around the world, the same phenomenon holds true. America, being the champion of human freedom, uses English and was a former British colony.

English will liberate the Chinese from their own morass of self-deception by giving them the tool for self-discovery and exploration into the unknown.

English will liberate the Chinese from their inability to perceive and comprehend objective reality and truth, and enable them with a tool to seek truth from abstract reality.

English will enhance the Chinese ability to reason and apply rationality, with the accuracy of its volcabulary in defining intangible concepts and ideals.

English will liberate the Chinese from their own self-imposed impotence to create and initiate, by enhancing their brain's abililty to dissemble and resemble, and separate the concrete from the abstract.

English will liberate the Chinese children from their idiotic mimicking their ancestors' calligraphy, and enable them to read and write in much early age, (about three years earlier).

English will enable the Chinese to communicate with most parts of the world without distortion of reality in their own mind, or obstruction of truth-seeking from the confusion of their brain functions (left and right hemispheres).

English will help the Chinese establish abstract comprehension of reality to reach objective truth, and therefore force them to seek the source of their morality and conscience -- God. Superstition and fatalism will fade and true religion based on Christ teachings and Christian values will be established and propagated.

English will accelerate the Chinese democratization of the political institutions, by its definable volcabulary. It will enable the Chinese to write meaningful laws and a constitution, and establish meaningful scientific and educational institutions.

English will have a great equalizing effect on the people at the lower echelon in the Chinese society, by giving the under-privileged and the uneducated an easy tool to improve themselves, therefore empowering each and every individual to be an independent thinker and initiator of actions.

To list just a few benefits and advantages above, you can see why I advocate, with all my heart and engergy, the application of English as the official language in China.

To speak and use English, in order to be free, the Chinese must make a great effort, with their clear vision, strong political will, their courage, their maximum ability, and their remaining human conscience and decency, to earn their freedom before they can enjoy it.

Let's put the antiquated Chinese language to the place where it truly belongs -- the language museum, or the art museums. The Chinese language, at most, can only be a form of art and entertainment (tatooed on people's skin for example), can never be allowed to be a tool to distort human mind, warp human comprehension of reality, thwart their effort to seek truth, and frustrate their strive for a better tomorrow.

Best. Kai Chen 陈凯

Scroll up

陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.kaichenblog.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556
Visitors
0 Members and 6 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: ancientgroundhog
Board Statistics
The forum has 906 topics and 2638 posts.