陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! 陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556

美国宪法决不是一部“自杀法案”Freedom is Never Free

in 陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:10 am
by fountainheadkc • 1.397 Posts

美国宪法决不是一部“自杀法案”
Freedom is Never Free

每日一语:

Using freedom to eliminate freedom has been done many times before, in Nazi Germany, in Russia, in China, in America on 9/11...

Those who view anti-freedom as some kind of freedom set the stage for the destruction of freedom. Freedom never means one can be free from his conscience, his mind, his choices and responsibilities. Freedom only means one is free to fully embrace these faculties and qualities as a human being. Unless we understand this fundamental point, human freedom is in jeopardy. --- Kai Chen

用自由去消灭自由是人类历史上多次发生过的事。 在纳粹德国,在俄国,在中国,在美国的9/11、、邪恶的人们都成功地以自由作为手段与借口消灭过,打击过自由。

那些将反自由作为自由的人们,出于他们的理性与道德的混乱,为奴役与专制添砖加瓦。 自由决不意味着人可以自由于他的良知,理性,选择与责任。 自由只意味着人对人的这些属性的毫无保留的认同与实践。 如果我们不认知这个自由的基点内涵,我们就会消灭,腐蚀真实的自由。 --- 陈凯

Freedom is God's license for one to do good. God is the short for "Good" --- Unknown

自由是上苍赋予人去行良为的执照。 God(上苍)只是Good(良知)的简写。 --- 无名者

Dear Visitors:

Henry and I are trying to establish the first ever "Free Speech Corner" in a park in Alhambra, hopefully with the city government's help. If it is done, it will be the first ever such forum among the Chinese communities in the world, both in and outside of China. Since the "Mao Portrait Incident" in the Alhambra City Hall a few weeks ago, I have come to realize how important it is to clarify the concept of Freedom. "Free Speech Corner" is such an attempt to educate the Chinese who have little knowledge or none about what America stands for, or about what freedom entails.

Many in China, many in the world for that matter, still fear and loath freedom, for in their mind freedom means an absence of morality, rationality, choices and responsibility. Therefore, freedom necessarily leads to chaos and destruction. For them freedom is another word for excuse to do evil and harm to others. One often finds that people who hold this kind of definition about freedom are often the ones who are power mongers and power worshippers. They yearn to be either masters or slaves. Even in America with deep cultural tradition of individual freedom, some still view that promotion of hatred, murder and mayhem as one entailed in the concept of freedom.

Promotion of anti-freedom will never be included in the concept of freedom, for it advocates an absence of morality, rationality, personal choice and responsibility. Freedom is only meaningful when it not only recognizes these fundamental human qualities and faculties, but it compels an individual human being to adhere to these basic humanities that separate us from animals.

In the war monuments in Washington DC, an eye-catching sentence is etched on the granite:

FREEOM IS NOT FREE.

Unless we fully appreciate the meaning of this sentence, we, with our moral and intellectual confusion, will indeed put our own freedom in jeopardy.

Best. Kai Chen 陈凯

Scroll up

陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.kaichenblog.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556
Visitors
0 Members and 11 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: ancientgroundhog
Board Statistics
The forum has 906 topics and 2640 posts.