陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! 陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556

“不一定”与“一定不”"May-not“ vs. "Will-never"

in 陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:27 am
by fountainheadkc • 1.397 Posts

陈凯博客www.kaichenblog.blogspot.com

陈凯再版/“不一定”与“一定不”(中英文)
"May-not“ vs. "Will-never" (in Chinese & English)

走出中庸朝代的陀螺式循环心态,建立以价值鉴别的进步方向性思维
Stop Spinning, Start Progressing!

“自由人”对抗“中国人”序列
"Free Beings" vs. "Chinese" Series

陈凯博客: www.kaichenblog.blogspot.com

陈凯一语:Kai Chen's Words:

如果中国人仍旧迷恋在用宏大的虚无去逃避、抗拒真实与自由的“环形思维”的恶性循环里停滞不前,并拒绝建立终极价值的道德指南而进入“线性进步”的良性思维中去,中国人自救的可能性是绝没有的。

If the Chinese refuse to abandon their "circular stagnant thinking" and as a result the vicious cycle they have mired themselves in for the last two thousand years, and if they refuse to whole-heartedly adopt the "linear progressive thinking" the West has been engaged themselves in since Christ, China will have no hope.

By Kai Chen 陈凯 (Written 11/4/2007, Reprint 7/30/2011)

(我在此用一系列的“不一定”与“一定不”来说明什么是“虚无的恶性循环”与“价值方向的线性进步”。 望读者们清晰自身的思维与道德方向,并深思自身每一刻所作出的举动与决定。)

(I will list many "May-nots" and "Will-nevers" here to illustrate my point above, so you will have a better grasp about what is "circular stagnant thinking based on nihilism" and what is "linear progressive thinking based on absolute moral values". )

-----------------------------------------------------

“好”(维护良知正义)一定“善”(自己不作恶);“善”(自己不作恶)不一定“好”(维护良知正义)。

Being good is more than being nice/kind. Being good means standing up for freedom and justice everywhere.

容忍不同不一定不容忍邪恶;容忍邪恶一定不容忍不同。

Tolerance of difference doesn't mean one does not tolerate evil. Tolerance of evil does mean one will never tolerate difference.

有自由的个人不一定都幸福;没有自由的个人一定不幸福。

An individual with freedom may not always find his happiness; but an individual without freedom will never have a chance to find his happiness.

吸毒者不一定没有时时的快活;但吸毒者一定没有真实的幸福欢乐。

A drug addict may not be devoid of pleasure from time to time; but a drug addict will never experience true joy and happiness.

有选举的社会不一定是一个自由民主的社会,没有选举的社会一定没有自由民主。

Election may not necessarily lead to democracy with individual freedom; but without election there will never be democracy with individual freedom.

资本主义不一定导致自由社会。 自由社会一定导致资本主义。

Capitalism may not lead to freedom; but freedom will always lead to capitalism.

有信仰的人不一定有良知道德;没有信仰的人一定没有良知道德。

Those who believe may not have conscience and morals; those who don't believe will never have conscience and morals.

有逻辑的思维不一定都导致正确的结论;没有逻辑的思维一定不会导致正确的结论。

With logic one may not reach a correct conclusion; without logic one will never reach a correct conclusion.

有言论自由的社会不一定都是人人诚实的社会;没有言论自由的社会一定不会成为追求诚实的社会。

Freedom of speech and press may not lead to honesty and trust; but without freedom of speech and press, honesty and trust will never apprear and be honored in a society.

有个体自由的社会不一定都是法律秩序的社会;没有个体自由的社会一定不可能是一个以法治政的秩序社会。

With individual freedom, a society may not necessarily have law and order; without individual freedom, a society will never become a society of "rule of law" with order.

有意愿,勇气与能力的人不一定都能成功;没有意愿,勇气与能力的人一定不会成功。

With strong will, courage and ability, one may not always succeed in life; without strong will, courage and ability, one will never succeed in life.

有客观历史感的人不一定都有眼光;没有客观历史感的人一定没有眼光。

With an objective view of history, one may not always have a vision for the future; without an objective view of history, one will never have a vision for the future.

诚实的人不一定都自由幸福;不诚实的人一定不会自由幸福。

Honesty may not always lead to freedom and happiness; dishonesty will never lead to freedom and happiness.

一个呼吸着的人并不一定是真实的存在;一个存在的人一定是活在真实之中。

A person merely breathing may not be a person of true existence; a person of true existence will never be a person who is merely breathing.

憎恨中共的人不一定都是好人;支持中共的人一定不是好东西。

Those who hate the Chinese communists may not be all good people; those who support the Chinese communists will never be good people.

支持美国的人不一定都是好人;憎恨美国的人一定没有好东西。

Those who support America may not be all good people; those who hate America will never be good people.

中共消亡后不一定有自由民主社会;中共不消亡一定不会有自由民主社会。

There may not necessarily be a free society after the Chinese communists perish; there will never be a free society if the Chinese communists are still in charge.

------------------------------------------------

I only list a few "may-nots" and "will-nevers" for you to think about. You may also find your own "may-nots" and "will-nevers". But always remember the Christ teaching:

这里我只列出一些“不一定”与“一定不”。 你尽可以用你的良知线性思维去发现你的“不一定”与“一定不”。 但请牢记基督的教诲:

"Only truth shall set you free." -- Jesus Christ

只有追求真实才能使你自由 -- 耶稣基督

Last edited Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:02 am | Scroll up

RE: “不一定”与“一定不”"May-not“ vs. "Will-never"

in 陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:05 am
by fountainheadkc • 1.397 Posts

My daughter Alex in Peace Corps, Zambia, Africa, 2010

陈凯博客: www.kaichenblog.blogspot.com

陈凯再版/你值得自由吗?
Do You Deserve Freedom?

“自由人”对抗“中国人”序列
"Free Beings" vs. "Chinese" Series

价值一语 Words of Value:

Impersonal as justice of God. --- Victor Hugo

上苍的正义是铁面无情的。 --- 雨果

Justice is truth in action. --- Joseph Joubert

正义就是用行为去体现真理。 --- Joseph Joubert

陈凯一语 Kai Chen's Words:

混淆“道德”与“伦礼”的、不求真的、为了安全感放弃尊严的、逃避个体认同与个体责任的“中国人”是不会赢得自由,也绝不值得自由的。

Moral confusion, fear of truth, abandoning dignity to acquire safety and escaping individual identity/responsibility have characterized the Chinese culture. Those who adhere to such a despotic culture do not deserve freedom and happiness.

你值得自由吗?
Do You Deserve Freedom?

Kai Chen 陈凯 9/16/2006 (Reprint 8/2/11)

Indeed, it is God who gives us rights to be free. Yet it is us who are using our moral conduct to deserve the rights of freedom. Freedom will not fall on your head from heaven. You must rise up to meet freedom. You must conduct yourself morally under God to earn and deserve freedom. Passivity and perversion of truth will doom you to eternal slavery and misery.

I hope all the Chinese understand the words I have just written above: Truth and moral conduct are the prerequisites for your freedom. Do not ever just dream of freedom yet remain in your old ways and old thinking of non-truth and passivity. Freedom will never come to you or be given to you by some others - those who claim to be your saviors. You must change yourself and act in a righteous way under God to deserve freedom.

Have you seen Clint Eastwood's movie "High Plains Drifter"? I highly recommend this movie to you, especially to my Chinese readers. It will teach you what is "deserving or non-deserving" regarding freedom. Justice is ruthless if people conduct themselves in an immoral and evil way.

In the movie, a small town of people perverted the truth and did an evil deed to one among themselves -- they kept silent when they were witnessing villains beating their own sheriff to death with whips, because of fear and because of their greed to benefit from the death: The sheriff threatened to expose/impede their scheme to profit illegally.

So for money and for fear and for a temporary material gain, the town's people turned their blind eyes to injustice and evil. But when the evil villains returned to harm them, they hired a new sheriff (Clint Eastwood) to help them to resist the villains. Knowing the evil and fear of the town people, the new sheriff (the after-life of the dead sheriff) demanded absolute power from the town people and exposed their evil ways. And after he killed the villains, he ordered the town people to paint the entire town red and burn it to the ground.

This is God's retribution and justice at work: When you tolerate evil and profit with the help of evil, when you resort to fear, injustice and non-truth to prosper, you are digging your own grave. Allowing injustice done to any one of human beings is allowing injustice done to us all. Freedom at the expense of harming and enslaving others is only another name for despotism and slavery.

With this said, I just have to ask the Chinese:

Do you deserve freedom when you lie, when you take advantage of others, when you harm your fellow human beings, when you allow the fear in your heart to stop you from speaking out loud, when you keep silent seeing evil trampling on your loved ones and other innocent lives, when you join the evil to profit for yourself, when you acquiescent to cooperate with evil in oppressing others and suppressing the truth, when you become a "monkey king" (standing everywhere and nowhere) to evade responsibility, when you identify yourself only with your evil culture, your despotic ancestors, your tyrannical government, your racial and ethnic characteristics, but Not your conscience, Not morals by God's law as a decent human being?????

Do you truly deserve freedom? Ask yourself and conscience in your heart: What exactly have you done to deserve freedom?! Only you, as an individual, can truly answer these questions.

Scroll up

陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.kaichenblog.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556
Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: ancientgroundhog
Board Statistics
The forum has 906 topics and 2638 posts.