陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! 陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556

陈凯-论川普的价值虚无 Kai Chen on Trump's Rise

in 陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:10 am
by fountainheadkc • 1.397 Posts

陈凯-论川普的价值虚无
Kai Chen on Trump's Rise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk6NLeiYT4g

Kai Chen on Trump's Rise: 8/21/15

"Power without moral compass is the most dangerous and destructive force that dooms mankind. Maybe "Lord of the Ring" can inspire you with my point." --- Kai Chen

----------------------------------------------------

Trump's rise does not inspire me. It alarms me.

As Rubio maintains: "America is great and has been great. " America's greatness is not defined by her power alone. America is great because it is good with a principled foundation - Human liberty and freedom. America is great not because of the stats or strength. America is great because of her values and meaningful existence.

It is not what Trump said that bothers me. It is what he always and consistently does not say: Despite his hugging the flag and wanting to 'make America great again", he fails thoroughly to understand and articulate what America stands for and what being an American means. Liberty/freedom has been lacking entirely in his speech. Trump wants power and power alone. He thinks only power defines America, not values. He believes "might makes right", not other way around.

Alarmingly, many Americans identify themselves with Trump's view of world and America. This is where dictatorship arises and endangers everyone's life and liberty. At the best, Trump is a nationalist, not a Conservative for liberty and freedom in society. At worst, Trump is trying to make enemies (he mixed China with Japan, not differentiate despotism and democracy) domestically and internationally. In Trump's world, like in most liberals' view, there is no right and wrong, truth and falsehood, good and evil. There is only power by strength/guns. Mao maintains the same world view. That is why I left China to look for a place with true values. I came to America. I fully understand in a gun/power dominated society, what a human being can become - zombies via a process of zombification by the government.

Indeed, America has never been perfect. Yet America has always been great, for America is the only country in the world guided not by tradition, language, religion, territory, etc.... America is guided by the eternal values/principles of mankind, manifested in the "Declaration of Independence" and "American Constitution with the Bill of Rights". America has always been under the guidance of divine moral compass, striving toward light and hope.

This is why I identify myself as an America since I was born. Only I was born in the wrong place. Trump can never represent me or America. I'd rather have Cruz, Carson, Rubio, Fiorina..., for they understand what America stands for and what being an American is all about.

Scroll up

RE: 陈凯-论川普的价值虚无 Kai Chen on Trump's Rise

in 陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:38 pm
by fountainheadkc • 1.397 Posts

From jef0202@gmail.com:

You are so right, Kai. America is synonymous with Liberty, not power nor wealth. Power and wealth are a consequence of America's rights and values.

America today is like a good family with a fine, exceptional really, home. But their heater is not working, the ducts are clogged, the house gets cold, the heater makes funny noises and upsets the family. They know repairmen but in spite of their assurances, they don't seem able to fix the heater. Then the family hears about this fabulous heater repairman. He has a reputation for fixing heaters expertly. So they hire him to come fix their problem. He arrives, talks a really long time of his heater's fixed, his successes, promises to fix theirs pronto. Then he goes to work, with a lot of noise, a lot of loud talking, and a number of trips to his truck. It's not pretty but he does appear to get the heater working and with a lot of fanfare and activity, gets the ducts cleared out. But he's tracked mud into the house, knocked over some precious items, scared the children with his bombast, and totally upset their homelife in short order, and done some serious damage. And to get at some of the ductwork he's broken some of the structure supporting the roof. While in the kitchen,he leans on the open refrigerator door and bends it. Spoiled food is later discovered. You get the idea... The heater system gets fixed, after a fashion, just as he bragged about so much, but the rest of his time in their wonderful house is a DISASTER. The family's sorry they ever heard of the guy! That heater repairman had no respect for their home, for their family life, just narrowly thought of himself as the heater expert, the hero. That's not enough.

Scroll up

陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.kaichenblog.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556
Visitors
0 Members and 7 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: ancientgroundhog
Board Statistics
The forum has 906 topics and 2638 posts.