陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! 陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556

回避政治与莫谈国事 The Chinese Escape from Truth

in 陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:29 am
by fountainheadkc • 1.397 Posts

陈凯博客: www.kaichenblog.blogspot.com

回避政治与莫谈国事
The Chinese Escape from Truth

价值一语: Words of Value:

Human soul is like a republic. The legislative power is the intellect, the judicial power is the conscience and the executive power is the will. Each of these in the soul of a child demands trainning. --- E. M. Donnell

人的灵魂就像一个共和体一样。 立法权是灵中的智慧,司法权是灵中的良知,行政权是灵中的意愿。 在一个孩童的灵魂中,每一个层面都需要被训练强化。 --- E. M. Donnell

By Kai Chen 陈凯 (Reprint 10/4/2011)

This quote by E. M. Donnell has a very important premise in it: A constitutional republic is really not out there, but inside of each and every one of us. It is in our soul and it needs to be trained, nurished and fortified.

Only when each and every individual human being, each and every individual citizen realizes that it is they who are creating their own future and their own government, healthy political institutions and a healthy political culture with a high degree political efficacy can be established. Any other way that is claimed to be "for the people", without being "of the people" and "by the people" can only be a phoney polity and a facade established only for the elite's power thirst.

So to train and educate an entire population to have integrated soul for each, with all the aspects of intellect, conscience and will becomes a must and the foremost urgent task confronting all of us. China is not an innocent child with a clean slate. China is an tainted old man with a much corrupted mind-set. So the task in front of us becomes even more difficult and cumbersome. One must realize how painstaking and time-consuming it is if one sets out to accomplish the task. But it must be done.

In recent years, the Chinese have developed some very sick obsession with their material gains, while deliberately ignore and avoid any issues concerning their mental and spiritual well being. Their favorite saying is:

"Let's not talk about politics, let's not talk about our painful and excruciating experiences from the past, and corrupt and sick reality of the present. Let's just make money, eat, drink, play Majiang, fuck and sleep."

It seems to me that escaping reality, not grasping and confronting reality, is all the Chinese do. And they are so good at living in falsehood and fantasy (as a bunch of drug-addicts) that they have even developed an entire culture out of escaping truth and reality. They are very proud of their spiritual drug-induced fantasy and ecstasy. They believe that the outside will determine the inside, face will determine soul, the material will determine the spiritual. It is much like the Chinese written characters: How your write in Chinese characters (how pretty your calligraphy is) is much more important than the meaning of the message the written language is designed to convey. People judge you by your calligraphy, by your appearance, by your family background, by your social classes... Everything, but your own will, intellect and conscience, counts in judging one's worth.

So avoiding political and spiritual issues and discussions has become the Chinese way to eacape themselves, to escape truth and reality. I wonder how long it will last before they realize that everything in reality is exactly the opposite of what they perceive in their dreamy fantasy. It is indeed that the inside determines the outside. It is indeed that the mental and spiritual determines the material. It is indeed that one's soul determines one's own fate...

Only when the Chinese start to develop an open mindset to discuss and debate actively all issues, particularly in the spiritual, cultural, social and political realms, their government and politics can be confined and limited to their deserved conners.

Scroll up

陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.kaichenblog.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556
Visitors
0 Members and 5 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: ancientgroundhog
Board Statistics
The forum has 906 topics and 2635 posts.