陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! 陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556

人生/事业成功的秘诀 The Secret of Success for Your Life

in 陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:59 am
by fountainheadkc • 1.397 Posts

My daughter Alex with friends at Victoria Fall in Zambia 我女儿陈影与朋友在维多利亚大瀑布,赞比亚

陈凯博客: www.kaichenblog.blogspot.com

人生/事业成功的秘诀
The Secret of Success for Your Career/Life

价值一语: Words of Value:

“The greatest man is he who chooses the right with invincible resolution; who resists the sorest temptations from within and without; who bears the heaviest burdens cheerfully; who is calmest in storms and most fearless under menace and frowns; and whoes reliance on truth, on virtue, and on God, is most unfaltering." --- William Ellery Channing

最伟大的人是一个能坚定地选择对错的人;是一个能抵御最强大的内外诱惑的人;是一个能从容愉快地挑起重负的人;是一个在风云中平静,在危难与指责中无畏的人;是一个对真理,对良德,对上苍有着坚定信念的人。 --- William Ellery Channing

By Kai Chen 陈凯 (Reprint 10/2/2011)

Today I read an article in LA Times that depicts the success of one of the most celebrated Hollywood moguls -- Jerry Perenchio whose assets measured in billions. I like to paste his secret of success here for you guys to ponder about:

Perenchio's Rules of the Road:

1. Stay clear of the press. No interviews, no panels, no speeches, no comments. Stay out of the spotlight — it fades your suit.

2. No nepotism, no hiring of friends.

3. Never rehire anyone.

4. Hire people smarter and better than you. Delegate responsibilities to them. Doing so will make your job easier.

5. You've got to know your territory. Cold!

6. Do your homework. Be prepared.

7. Teamwork.

8. Take options, never give them.

9. Rely on your instincts and common sense. If you go against them you generally regret it.

10. No surprises. We don't give them. We don't want to get them.

11. Never lose sight of what business you're in. Stick to your "last."

12. When you suit up each day it's to play in Yankee Stadium or Dodger Stadium. Think big.

13. If you have a problem, don't delay. Face up to it immediately and solve it.

14. Loose lips sink ships!

15. Supreme self-confidence, never arrogance.

16. A true leader is accessible — no job too big, no job too small.

17. Communication is our business. You can reach any of your associates anytime, anywhere, anyplace.

18. If you make a mistake, admit it. Just don't make too many.

19. Don't be a "customer's person" (man or woman).

20. Always, always take the high road. Be tough but fair and never lose your sense of humor.

Maybe these points of success are not so fresh to you, but I think they are still worth repeating. Strong will, great ability and indomitable courage are the prerequisites to carry out these routine practices. Do you have it in yourself?

I have in my forum an article about the failure of "王安电脑". These great practices are exactly what “Wang Electronics" should have adopted and did not. They, on the contrary, adopted exactly the opposite of these great recommendations.

Scroll up

陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.kaichenblog.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556
Visitors
0 Members and 9 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: ancientgroundhog
Board Statistics
The forum has 906 topics and 2635 posts.