陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! 陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556

压抑女人是因男人缺少自我 Lack of Self Worth

in 陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:06 pm
by fountainheadkc • 1.397 Posts

陈凯博客www.kaichenblog.blogspot.com

压抑女人是因男人缺少自我
Symptom of Lack of Self Worth - On Male Chauvinism
[/size]

陈凯一语: Kai Chen's Words:

One often finds that only those who lack "Self" depend their existence on others, by either oppressing them, or submission to them. Without independence, freedom is an empty word.

你会发现只有那些缺少自我的人才会将自己依附在他人身上: 他们要不就是去压迫他人, 要不就是去屈从他人。 没有独立,自由就是一句空话。

Kai Chen 陈凯 (Reprint 9/27/2011)

I thought about this topic because I thought about an obvious fact: All the oppressive societies are societies that oppress women; and all the societies that oppress women are always those stagnant, traditional despotic societies, such as many Arab countries and many Oriental countries including China.

Some "moral-equavelence" leftists, even some articles on youpai.org, have the gall to compare "breast augmentation" in the West, with Chinese practice of "bond-feet" in the past, saying that they are equally oppressive to women. BS!

Chinese practice of "bond feet" had never had an element of free will. It was forced upon a young girl against her will by her family and cultural tradition. Is there a case in modern Western society that a "breast augmentation" is done against the individual will? To equate both is itself a severe case of moral confusion. Modern feminists love this confusion and moral equavelence.

Healthy "women's liberation" can only be realized with empowerment of female individuals, NOT with demonizing and oppressing "male species". The two are indeed opposite in their moral and intellectual orientations. "Bond feet" has never been for women's individual independence, on the opposite, it diminishes a woman's independence and make her more subordinant to man. That is evil. "Breast augmentation" is based on individual choice to enhance personal appearance, therefore to empower the individual in her self image. Though I don't advocate this practice, I don't see it as morally wrong.

As for why those traditional despotic societies oppress women, I think there are many reasons. Here I only expose one:

The smallness of males in their own image. By this I don't mean their genetals. I mean their "self". Somehow in those societies such as in Arab nations and China, men, by tradition and by statues, are ascribed with higher social status than women, without them doing anything themselves. (The proof is high rate of female infantacide in China,due to the one-child policy.) Thus I often found many Chinese men are small beings -- they are damaged goods since their births, for they have to pretend that they are smarter and stronger than women, and indeed many are not. They are constantly threatened, not just by women (though often in front of women), but by their own sexual impotence, lack of sexual control, fear of their own sexual orientations and a despicable self image. Putting down women, putting down others only demonstrates the ever powerful presence of one's own inferiority complex.

I often find that Chinese men are less liberated than Chinese women. Chinese men are doomed by their higher ascribed social status, while Chinese women, knowing they are the lowest in society, often have to strive individually to prove themselves. Hence they often are the stronger ones, for they lack illusions. In Arab traditional societies it is the same. It takes an Arab woman, Waffa Sultan, to have the courage to call their own traditon what it is -- degenerate, regressive and evil. No Arab men (for lack of courage and clarity and saturated with illusions) have come forward to expose their cultural evils.

By the same logic, modern feminists, by demonizing men, are doing themselves a disfavor: They are ascribing artificially, much like their counterparts (the males) in the traditional society, a higher status to women. Their focus is not empowering themselves, but opposing men. They are walking right into the vicious cycle that has doomed men.

True liberation is to liberate individuals, not sexes; true freedom is to empower individuals, not groups. True happiness can only be found in oneself, not in relations with others. Any healthy relations can only be found among strong and healthy individuals with great self-image and incorrptable soul.

Last edited Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:07 pm | Scroll up

陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.kaichenblog.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556
Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: ancientgroundhog
Board Statistics
The forum has 906 topics and 2635 posts.