陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! 陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556

陈凯美國會聽證 Kai Chen Testifies in US Congress

in 陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:52 am
by fountainheadkc • 1.397 Posts

陈凯博客www.kaichenblog.blogspot.com

“我的路”(中文字幕)视频连锁:
“My Way" (Chinese Subtitles) Link:

http://kaichenblog.blogspot.com/2009/01/...tv-special.html

“我的路”(英文字幕)视频连锁:
“My Way" (English Subtitles) Link:

http://kaichenblog.blogspot.com/2009/01/...-subtitles.html

陈凯美國會聽證 警惕中共公共外交手段
Kai Chen and Others in US Congressional Hearing on Confucius Institutes/Classrooms

2012-03-30 00:54:10

Audio of the Hearing 音频连锁:

http://www.voanews.com/chinese/news/2012...-144669225.html

Video Link 视频连锁:

http://ap.ntdtv.com/b5/20120330/video/92...%89%8B%E6%AE%B5

【新唐人2012年3月30日訊】美國國會週三舉辦一場聽證會,關注中共通過公共外交手段,向美國輸出其意識形態宣傳。與會學者警告,中共正在通過孔子學院以及媒體方式,對美國社會進行洗腦和滲透。

美國國會議員Dana Rohrabacher:「中共為何在美國到處建孔子學院﹖我想他們並不是因為他們喜歡我們、愛我們、對我們好,他們可能有其他的目的。」

目前,中共在美國大學和中學建立了超過70所的孔子學院和孔子教室。他們不僅提供來自中國的教學課本、老師,更提供資金。專家指出,其背後隱藏著中共的統戰、滲透等多重目的。

人口研究所所長Steven Mosher:「孔子學院不僅與中共政府相關,而且也沒有自己的目標。他們依附於已有的大專院校。他們受國家漢語國際推廣領導小組辦公室領導,但他們在學術上受中國教育部管理,在實際操作上受中共統戰部領導。實際上,孔子學院的理事會主席是劉延東,她在2002年到2007年任統戰部部長。」

出席作證的人口研究所所長毛思迪(Steven Mosher)曾就讀於斯坦福大學。80年代早期,因毛思迪揭露了中共計劃生育中侵犯人權的做法,中共向斯坦福大學施加了巨大壓力,迫使該校拒絕授予他博士學位。

人口研究所所長Steven Mosher:「從個人經歷中,我看到中共為自己的利益有多麼殘酷,而一些美國學校管理者有多麼懦弱。」

來自加州的人權活動家陳凱曾抵制當地學校用中共提供的資金設立孔子學院,最終獲得部分成功。他警告人們應認清中共的本質。

自由人權活動家陳凱:「這是在給美國學生洗腦,(讓他們)認為這是一個正常的教程,而中國是個正常國家。中國(現在)不是一個正常國家,而是一個共產王朝。」

近兩年,中共在海外砸下巨資進行大外宣工程,通過媒體輸出其意識形態宣傳。加州大學商學院學者奧特雷也提醒人們要警惕其欺騙伎倆。奧特雷建議,美國政府應採取有效手段,對中共的海外媒體宣傳加以嚴格限制。

新唐人記者王凱迪美國首都華盛頓報導

Last edited Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:22 am | Scroll up

RE: 陈凯美國會聽證 Kai Chen Testifies in US Congress

in 陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:07 am
by fountainheadkc • 1.397 Posts

Rep. Rohrabacher Holds Hearing on Increased Chinese Propaganda Efforts in the U.S.; Would Attitudes be as Welcoming if Nazi Germany Set Up Nietzsche Institutes in America?

Washington, Mar 29 -

On March 28, the U.S. House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations, chaired by Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R-CA), held a hearing on Communist China’s propaganda efforts in the United States. The hearing focused on how Chinese government owned newspapers and TV channels have penetrated the American media and how Chinese government-funded Confucius Institutes have been established on American college campuses.

“Two of the pillars of America’s status as an open society are freedom of the press and academic freedom. Communist China, which does not believe in or allows the practice of either type of freedom, is exploiting the opportunities offered by America to penetrate both private media and public education to spread its state propaganda,” Rohrabacher in his opening remarks.

Beijing has sought to control the discussion of China policy by basing access and financial grants on whether scholars are writing favorable or unfavorable reports about the Communist regime. One witness at the hearing, Steven Mosher, president of the Population Research Institute, was a victim of Chinese pressure on Stanford University after Mosher reported on China’s infamous “one child policy” enforced by state-mandated abortions. The Chinese Communist Party demanded that Mosher not be given the Ph.D he was working on, and threatened to retaliate against other Stanford scholars and programs. Mosher was denied his degree.

“It appears as though Beijing is able to expand its campaign against academic freedom from China to America when U.S. universities value Chinese favors and money more than truth and integrity,” said Rohrabacher.

The expansion of Confucius Institutes at American colleges, which include Chinese funding and “free” instructors in language, culture and history, gives Beijing even more leverage. Kai Chen, another hearing witness, fled China during the Cultural Revolution, and testified about the propaganda embedded in Confucius Institute materials used both in college and high school programs conducted in the United States. Beijing has also endowed chairs in “Sinology” and provided free travel for school officials to win their support.

“Would there have been the same welcoming attitude on campuses if during the 1930s the Hitler regime of Nazi Germany had set up Nietzsche Institutes in America to advance the study of German language and culture,” asked Rohrabacher. “Sadly, there were those who were as eager to take Nazi money then as Communist money today.”

Greg Autry, who teaches strategy at University of California-Irvine, testified about how China Daily, a government-owned newspaper, is able to insert a section on politics and business into the privately owned Washington Post under the guise of “advertisement.” The section looks like part of the newspaper and there is no disclaimer that the material is propaganda put out by the foreign Communist regime. China Daily also sends free copies of its own paper to every Congressional office. Autry also talked about how Chinese state owned channels are beamed into every American household with a cable or satellite TV connection.

“The purpose of the hearing is to alert the public to what the Chinese Communist Party may be doing in their community,” said Rohrabacher. “Since China is expanding its propaganda efforts backed by financial payoffs across America, the Communist regime must think its campaign is working. The aim of the dictatorship is to dampen any concern expressed in media or academic circles for China’s increasingly aggressive actions which pose a threat to the U.S. economy and to national security. The Chinese Communist Party would like to influence American opinion; but if it just buys silence, it’s a victory for the Communist regime.”

Scroll up

陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.kaichenblog.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556
Visitors
0 Members and 9 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: ancientgroundhog
Board Statistics
The forum has 906 topics and 2640 posts.