陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! 陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556

我女儿陈醒(Dominique Chen)高中女篮再得冠 My Daughter 16 Points in Win

in 陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:07 pm
by fountainheadkc • 1.397 Posts

Folks:

I paste this news piece here for you to have some fun. Life is a multi-facetted phenomenon. All around, well adjusted, free and independent human beings are what I am interested in.

If you have something in your own personal life you want to share here to show what you value, I want to hear it. We can always learn something from others' opinions and experiences.

Life is passion. Life is choices. Life is joy and happiness. Life is beautiful.

My best wishes to you all. Kai Chen

-----------------------------------------------------------

CARRIE ROSEMA/The Press-Enterprise

Fontana Summit players react as time runs out in their Division 3AA girls basketball game against Los Angeles Marlborough. Summit lost the game 48-35.

The loss snapped Summit's 27-game winning streak.

Top Stories News

Fontana Summit falls to LA Marlborough in 3AA girls final, 48-35

12:56 AM PST on Sunday, March 2, 2008

By MICHAEL BECKER
The Press-Enterprise

Slideshow: CIF Division 3AA Girls Basketball Championship: Fontana Summit vs. LA Marlborough - Mar. 01, 2008

LONG BEACH - Fontana Summit coach Alexis Onishi hoped playing for a CIF title in a big arena against a girls basketball powerhouse wouldn't rattle the players on her second-year team.

Then, at halftime, her starting point guard threw up her breakfast burrito.

While Summit and Los Angeles Marlborough seemed evenly matched on paper, a combination of nerves, poor shooting and inexperience felled the young SkyHawks on Saturday, as they lost to Marlborough, 48-35, in the CIF Division 3AA finals at the Long Beach State Pyramid.

"They have bigs, they have guards, they have a balanced attack," Marlborough coach Trenton Jackson said of Summit. "They have a great young team. I think the experience is where it kicked it over."

Marlborough (21-9) entered the game a winner of five straight CIF titles, and seemed destined from the outset to make it six. The Mustangs built a 7-0 lead as Summit missed its first six shots.

Summit, which averages 63 points per game, had just 14 at halftime.

"We just played a terrible first half," Onishi said. "I think they were a little overwhelmed. There's not a senior on this team. So they came out and did the best they could."

While Summit is still without seniors, Marlborough features one of the best players in the country in Nikki Speed, a McDonald's All-American headed to Rutgers. Though Summit held Speed to just eight points, the SkyHawks allowed forward Dominique Chen to work her mid-range game.

Summit sophomore Adrianne Thomas said while the SkyHawks (28-2) went to great lengths in stopping Speed, they were unprepared for Chen's jumpers. She scored 16 points to lead the Mustangs.

Meanwhile, Summit's top inside threat, center Meghin Williams was held to seven points on 2-of-12 shooting.

That left Thomas to fend for herself. The 5-foot-9 guard scored all 10 of Summit's fourth-quarter points, but could only watch as the Mustangs' lead widened.

"It's not over, we're still going to state," Thomas said of this week's state tournament.

Said Onishi: "I'm proud of them for being sad for being in second place, but like I told them: 'Dry your eyes, you're all coming back next year.' Nobody graduates."

Scroll up

陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.kaichenblog.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556
Visitors
0 Members and 4 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: ancientgroundhog
Board Statistics
The forum has 906 topics and 2634 posts.